Information We Collect
By providing personal information in connection with your application or at any time during the recruiting process, you consent to our collection, use, and disclosure of the information as specified in this policy. Disclosure of your personal information is voluntary. You determine what information you will provide. If you decide not to provide information, it may affect our ability to consider your application. During the application and recruitment process, the information you share with us and/or the information we may acquire or produce may include but is not limited to the items listed below. If you are hired, the information will become part of your employment record.
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number, and other contact information;
- Your resume and any attached documents or correspondence;
- Information about your work or other experience, education, and any other information you provide us in support of your application;
- Information from interviews and phone calls;
- Salary or compensation information, availability to relocate, or other employment preferences;
- Sensitive and/or demographic information such as gender, citizenship status, Indian (federally recognized Native American Tribe) status, and/or your racial or ethnic origin;
- Information received from background checks, employment checks, and drug and alcohol screens;
- Information received from your references;
- Information related to any previous employment history with the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma or any of its affiliates, or information contained in any previous applications with the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma and/or any of its affiliates;
- Information about accommodations you request due to disability.
The Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma exercises Indian preference in employment decisions, pursuant to federal law and Choctaw Nation policy. We require you to disclose whether you are a member of a federally recognized Indian tribe along with proof of enrollment, if applicable.
Use of Information
We may use the information to: communicate with you; assess your skills and qualifications; verify the information you submit and conduct background checks; manage our recruiting and hiring processes; comply with legal and regulatory requirements; perform administrative, data analytics, or statistical functions; and, if you are hired, in connection with employment and operational management. We may also use the information in connection with any application you make for services provided by the Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma and/or its affiliates. We may retain and delete your information at our discretion. You are responsible for retaining a copy of your information for your records.
Access to Information
We may share your information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, and contracted service providers. We may share your information internally and with services and other third parties as necessary for maintaining data; recruiting, application processing, employment, governance, to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, in response to discovery requests in a pending legal action, or in cooperation with governmental entities or agencies in connection with investigations.
We may use service providers to act on our behalf or to perform services including but not limited to application processing; data storage, processing, or transfer; conducting verifications or background checks; and system administration. These service providers may be located outside of the United States and your data may be stored or transmitted outside of the United States.